Scoutbook will be free to all Units as of January 1, 2019. For those not using this tool, it’s awesome! Units that use it, love it. This is being paid for every Scouter through various Scout funding (dues, Friends of Scouting, etc).
*** I recommend you update your roster of boys and adults in the program.
Updated: 9/16/2015 (Originally Posted 7/30/2015)
Scoutbook is like Facebook for Scouting. It is now owned by BSA. It has been around for about 2 years.
- Track Advancement: It is a great tool to track Cub Scouts and Boy Scout Advancement
- Communicate: Submit Emails or SMS Text Messages to the Unit Members
- Upload Photos & Videos
- Event Calendar and RSVP Feature (like Evite)
- Track Leader Training Records
- Duty to God / Faith in God
- Attendance Records
- Service Hours
- Leadership Time
- Records for each boy for family to see/update
- Youth can document Scouting with Notes/Photos/Video
- Track Merit Badge Councilors + eSign
- NEW Cub Scout Program Tracking
- Print Blue Cards
- Track Order of the Arrow
- Advancement Planning – Calendar Integration
- JTE Tracking (Coming in 2015)
- Advancement – Printing Official Form + 2 Way Sync (Import/Export)
- Scoutbook: District View / Council View (2015)
Each boy can track his own progress for FREE. Units can sign all of their boys up for
about $2 per boy per year ($1 for larger Units) FREE (as of January 1, 2019)
Half of the Units in Tiburon District are now using Scoutbook.
Full Scoutbook Presentation – 1 Hour: http://livestream.com/bsa/nationalcouncil/videos/99410741