An informational meeting will be held November 19th, at the Council Office in Santa Ana at 7PM.
It’s coming! The 2017 National Jamboree!!!
Get ready to Live Scouting’s Adventure at the 2017 Jamboree from July 19-28, 2017.
At the second Jamboree to be held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve, you’ll be able to explore the mystery, adventure, and beauty of a West Virginia summer as well as the adventure of Scouting!
You’ll join more than 30,000 Scouts from all over the country, as they enjoy 10,600 acres of wild, wonderful West Virginia at the Summit and find out first hand just what it’s like to Live Scouting’s Adventure.
That’s it! That’s the theme for the 2017 National Scout Jamboree: Live Scouting’s Adventure.
In Scouting, as in life, adventure takes on many meanings: high adventure, learning, camaraderie, and simply being part of something bigger.
The 2017 Jamboree theme encompasses all of these aspects, and participants will quite literally experience every element of adventure in what will be a mega-event of any Scout’s lifetime.
The Orange County Council is gearing up to register scouts for 2017 Jamboree. The council will send 5 troops to West Virginia.
If your scout would like to attend, listed below are the Scout Participant Qualifications:
- Scouts and team members MUST have a current BSA membership with a Boy Scout troop or Varsity Scout team.
- MUST be at least a First Class Scout.
- MUST be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree or an 11 year old that has graduated the 6th grade, but has not reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the unit leader and local council.
- MUST have appropriate parent/guardian to complete the online parental consent. (An email will be sent to the parent/guardian during the application process.)
- Participate in pre-Jamboree training experience with local council and unit leader.
- Filed a BSA Health & Medical Record with their council within one year of attending the Jamboree. (The local council will provide specifics closer to the Jamboree.)
- Submit all registrations fees per the local council’s payment schedule.
Tiburon District is proud to announce that Elizabeth Morgan-Perelka has been named by the Orange County Council as one of the five Scoutmasters to lead this exciting expedition. We will host a parent information night in the fall for those interested in learning more about the 2017 National Jamboree. Until then, if you have any questions, feel free to contact Elizabeth directly.
asm2013jambo at gmail.com
DOWNLOAD Council Flyer: 2017-Jamboree
National Jamboree Website: http://www.summitbsa.org/events/jamboree/overview/