LDS-BSA 4th Quarter Call
A conference call involving General Authorities responsible for the Young Men’s programs and Church Activities, led by Mark R. Francis, LDS-BSA Relationships Director and Elder Brough of the General Young Men Presidency that occurred Wed 11/14/2018. To listen to a digital recording of the call, dial 877-471-6587 and enter program ID 398-903-969-089 #. Particularly, Church units are required to maintain updated BSA rosters: Please refer to the link Updating BSA rosters.
Points specifically from the call:
- Stay engaged. Get trained. Complete YPT 2.0 (my.scouting.org)
- Assistant District Commissioners (High Council) and District Commissioners (Young Men’s Presidency) should be diligently visiting Scout meetings and logging those visits.
- Follow youth protection guidelines, two-deep leadership, take reasonable measures to protect our children.
- Update our rosters, we are not required to recharter, but we must have accurate rosters for our youth and our Adult leaders.
- Guidelines and timeline for LDS Units were proposed for transitioning LDS youth to traditional units.
- LDS Buildings should not be used for Scout unit recruiting events.
- Promotional materials must be properly approved prior to posting in Church buildings.
- Church buildings may not be used for Scouting Events after Dec 31, 2019
- Recording Unit Contacts and Detailed Assessments